Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GP760 fuel starvation Login/Join 
posted
My waverunner appears to be staving for fuel when it gets below half a tank. I have replaced the fuel pickup and checked vacuum on the fuel line. The unit pulls 12 inches at idle and 16 inches when I goose it. Also in testing I have noticed the tank will not pressurize do to the
vent check valve. Since I see discussions where people are removing this valve?? will it cause my problem. Once ski gets to this level the problem is worse on the reserve side. Any thoughts???

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the tank valve is needed to "help" the fule pump
if the check valve doesnt work ( goes 1 way but none the other ) then replace it
the tank should hold some pressure ( with the valve goin the right way )
if the hole or check valve is blocked and no air can get in you may starve the engine for fule ( not good)

Posts: 165 | Location: here | Registered: July 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
agree, the chk valve is critical. Also, petcock could be suckin' air.

dav_dman@yahoo.com, used 04 rxp and B1 on the xmas list. 04Honda F12X at home, 02 in stpete, both boosted a bit. 97 venture1200 for sale soon.

Posts: 2624 | Location: Louisville,KY/So.IN | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys I am going after the Check Valve as
the potential problem. It was strange when we inquired about this part at the local dealer
they indicated they have never ordered or replaced one before? I live in the Richmond Virginia area and this dealer is about it for
Yamaha parts other than the web??? Just very strange from the message brds. it seems to be a common falure. Maybe they don't fail in middle Virginia.
Charlie

posted Hide Post
I replaced the valve and just to be on safe side sprayed carb cleaner down hose going to fuel pumps and replaced fuel line between tank and Pump (just incase it was colapsing.) and as a final measure added gumout to the fuel. Added two gallons of gas and she did okay down to the reserve so I'm thinking healed. Thanks for yalls help.
Charlie