RIVA Racing    RIVA Performance Forums    RIVA Performance Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Yamaha PWC Performance Forum    GP1200r Carb Adjustments??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GP1200r Carb Adjustments?? Login/Join 
posted
I have recently rebuilt my GP1200r engine went with .5 over pistons, sleeved cylinders, and changed the carb jetting to 100 and 120. Removed the carb plugs and replaced with T handle adjusters. I have a D-plate installed with no other mods expect riva Hi Pro reeds. Problem is out of the hole (wide open throttle) the engine dies down instead of revving up. Once off idle, about 2500 rpm or greater, ski runs like a champ, power valves kick right in and the ski runs great. I have the low speed card adjusters at 1 turn out and the highs at 1 1/2 out. The plugs look like there burning a little rich but considering I burnt 3 pistons this year, I’d like to leave it a little rich. Also, I’m pre-mixing 32:1. Any suggestions???

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
popoff sounds high.. might drop one spring size and see...when it bogs pump the primer and see if it takes off..if so, you're lean at the transition.

you're 100's should be 110's if i recall correctly. The danger is when you let off throttle to cruise at less than wot you are running on the low jet only and it has to be big or you heat up and you know what's next.

dav_dman@yahoo.com, used 04 rxp and B1 on the xmas list. 04Honda F12X at home, 02 in stpete, both boosted a bit. 97 venture1200 for sale soon.

Posts: 2624 | Location: Louisville,KY/So.IN | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think I'll order the 110's and start there. After experimenting yesterday in the water, moderate acceleration seems to work well, no hesitation. After an extended idle period, I checked the plugs and they looked good, light to moderate brown. With the bigger jets (110) should I disconnect the acc pump and do you think 1 turn out for lows is ok. Without taking off the exhaust I have no way of adjusting the screws. Thanks for your input.

posted Hide Post
P.S. Tried pumping the throtle under hard accel, make no diff. It still bogs down.

posted Hide Post
ck this thread mike... this is carb setup recommended.. 1.5 n/s is important to flow more fuel also.. although your tan plugs indicate well..

if you do an advanced search for three words fercho's carb settings, his original post has the screw turns on it as well.. the low speed adjuster is for good idle only, the jet is the main thing.

see groupk.com tech paper on carb adjusting , it's the best out there.

http://rivaforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4886094314/m/1...151025443#6151025443

dav_dman@yahoo.com, used 04 rxp and B1 on the xmas list. 04Honda F12X at home, 02 in stpete, both boosted a bit. 97 venture1200 for sale soon.

Posts: 2624 | Location: Louisville,KY/So.IN | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post