RIVA Racing    RIVA Performance Forums    RIVA Performance Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Yamaha PWC Performance Forum    Amsoil Interceptor or Dominator?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amsoil Interceptor or Dominator? Login/Join 
posted
That's the question on my mind. I use Amsoil because I get it for free from my company. I was using the series 2000 but it's almost gone. I leave my ski setting without use for weeks up at the lake in the summer. I'm worried about crank rust problems if I use Dominator but I like the high rpm protection. Maybe I would be better off with Interceptor as it's made for powervalves? Anybody in the know have an opinion? Now that I've done more reading, the Interceptor isn't TCW3 either Frown. Now I'm really confused, how important is TCW3? Keep in mind I have family that goes up there and uses my ski, so don't say fog it after you use it, it won't happen.

02' GP1200R
Riva 2 bar grate-blueprinted
PPK
05' pump
14/22 dynafly by Island
Stepped sponsons
Waveater powervalve stuff
Carb mod by Island Racing
Prok F/A's
VF3 reed valves
R&D D plate
R&D rideplate-skegs removed
Pro-Tec rec head
Riva/Jettrim seat cover
Ported by Lowell Horning

Posts: 2453 | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve, Are you premixing or using the oil injection???

WATERCRAFT PERFORMANCE
(516) 883-0090
ISLANDRACING.net

AUTHORIZED RIVA RACING DEALER

Posts: 907 | Location: ISLAND RACING | Registered: March 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Carl, I'm using the injection.

02' GP1200R
PPK
05' pump
14/22 dynafly by Island
Stepped sponsons
Prok F/A's
VF3 reed valves
R&D D plate
Pro-Tec rec head
Riva/Jettrim seat cover
Ported by Lowell Horning

posted Hide Post
Seems like most of the Texas bunch have shifted to Dominator from 2000 with good results. I went the Klotx R50 route becuase I wanted the rust inhibitor. But I'm tired of smoking the neighborhood up - next case may be Dominator or PW's Mobile 1.

Red Ski - 2000 ported 1300 single piper
Blue Ski - 2001 ported 1300 triple piper

Posts: 1297 | Location: Katy, Tx | Registered: April 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are running injection, I would run the Interceptor... but for premix, I would run the Dominator or a mix of Dominator/Interceptor as the Interceptor does not contain a dye and its easy to forget whether the fuel has the oil added or not (I've complained to Amsoil about this).

I think if you run your ski routinely thru the summer the Dominator contains enough rust inhibitors to keep you protected... but probably not enough if you are more of a recreational rider and let it set for weeks between outings to the lake.

'97 GP1200/R&D Aquavein grate/Shred ride plate/Worx sponsons/Riva trim tabs/Solas X0/K&N flame arrestors/Premix Amsoil Interceptor oil @50:1/Primer kit w/choke plates removed/Engine otherwise stock

'98 GP1200 /Riva Top-Loader grate/Riva perform ride plate (2washers front-3washers back)/Riva sponsons/Riva trim tabs/Solas X0/Riva flame arrestors/Premix Amsoil Interceptor @50:1/Primer kit w/choke plates removed/Engine otherwise stock.

Posts: 241 | Location: KS | Registered: August 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an Amsoil rep tell me at a boat show that Dominator allows for a 100 degree increase in exhaust temp.

I don't know if that is good or if it puts you at a higher risk of deto.

05 Bayliner 175
98 GP 1200 aka Jumper (parted out)
2004 Honda R-12X

Posts: 754 | Location: Delaware | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MOST OF THE REPS TALK OUT THERE AZZ>>>>>
READ THE INFO ON THERE WEB SITE I USE THE DOMINATOR IN THE CLOSED COURSE RACE BOATS SINCE THEY GET CHECKED AT REGULAR INTERVALS IN REC BOATS AND MY LS2000 JET BOAT I USE THE INTERCEPTOR KEEPS THE PV'S REALLY CLEAN I WISH THEY STILL MADE THE SERIES 2000 MADE IT MUCH EASIER

Posts: 682 | Location: saint petersburg fl | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go with Dominator. After the first tank full of Interceptor I saved the rest of the case for use with the lawn tools.

sw

Posts: 399 | Location: Annapolis, MD | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jay lent me some klotz one time and **** did it smoke up the river. Had to go back to dominator oil.

http://www.ubtrippin.com
Lowell Horning Porting
80++

Posts: 625 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
jay lent me some klotz one time and **** did it smoke up the river.

Yeah Coop, you kept those TEXAS sized mosquitos away with Klotz Big Grin

2000 Stage II GP1200R 76.7 mph / 7280 rpm

Posts: 2005 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: July 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you aint kidden bud.

Lowell Horning Porting
80++

Posts: 625 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, Where do you get either of the oils?

Posts: 266 | Location: Saint Petersburg, FL | Registered: October 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amsoil has their own website out of dallas tx. due a search on yahoo.

Lowell Horning Porting
80++

posted Hide Post
you can either go to amsoil's web site amsoil.com or find a local dealer to you do a search on amsoils web site or i can sell you it yamahawatercraft@aol.com drop me a email if you like

Posts: 682 | Location: saint petersburg fl | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken - does the Interceptor have a dye? I've heard it's blue. I'm tired of working for mosquito control (Klotz) but would like to keep an oil with rust inhibitors versus dominator.

Still PO'ed they quit making 2000!!!!

Red Ski - 2000 ported 1300 single piper
Blue Ski - 2001 ported 1300 triple piper

Posts: 1297 | Location: Katy, Tx | Registered: April 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
interceptpr is a goldish color so make sure when you use it you mark the container that u alreay put oil in there cause you will not be able to tell i wish they did put a dye in it making it easier to tell if there is oil in the fuel or not

one thing i like about the interceptor keeps the power valves very clean

i wish they still made the series 2000 i just ran out last week when i heard they where not going to make it anymore i ordered 20 cases of gallons

if u closed course & endurance racing use dominator rec riding & grudge racing use interceptor

posted Hide Post
Does the Interceptor have more rust inhibitors than the Dominator??? A guy at the Amsoil booth at the boat show told me if my engine is "hot" to use the Dominator.

02' GP1200R
PPK
05' pump
14/22 dynafly by Island
Stepped sponsons
Prok F/A's
VF3 reed valves
R&D D plate
Pro-Tec rec head
Riva/Jettrim seat cover
Ported by Lowell Horning

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yamaha7:

i wish they still made the series 2000 i just ran out last week when i heard they where not going to make it anymore i ordered 20 cases of gallons

I thought Amsoil haulted production of the 2000 last year ? Nobody was able to get it at all and was shipped the Dominator instead.

Posts: 727 | Location: HOUSTON, TEXAS | Registered: August 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was not last yr it was in 2003 they stopped making it i knew well in advanced being a amsoil dealer i ordered all i could get my little hands on then now all gone but i been using interceptor in the jet boat with no problems and in the rec boats this yr in the race boat i will use the dominator

posted Hide Post
I have used Amsoil and it is dececent, but I still like Yamahalube 2-W. Yamalube is tried and true. I have put over 250 hours on a GP800 since 1999 using Yamalube. I have broken down the heads and it was clean as a whistle (at 40:1). I cannot see a clear advantage with Amsoil in this category (even though it Amsoil is synthetic and Yamalube is semi-synthetic).

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post