RIVA Racing    RIVA Performance Forums    RIVA Performance Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Yamaha PWC Performance Archives    JETTING HELP..SUPERJET 701..PLEASE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
JETTING HELP..SUPERJET 701..PLEASE Login/Join 
posted
HAVE A 1996 SUPERJET 701, COFFMAN PIPE, DUAL 44 CARBS, DELTA FORCE REEDS, MIKUNI INTAKE, K&N FLAME ARRESTORS, VILDER HEAD, PORTED CYLINDER, STOCK BORE. JUST PUT THE 44 CARBS ON AND HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK WITH THEM. I TRIED 120 LJ, 150 HJ, 2.5NV, 115 GS, 17 POP OFF. IT WONT REV ONCE PUT IN THE WATER. PULLS THE BOAT, BUT WONT GO. A GOOD STARTING POINT WOULD BE HELPFUL FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS DONE SIMILAR MODS OR PUT 44S ON A 701 ENGINE. THANKS FOR THE HELP

Posts: 4 | Location: Bartlesville, OK, US | Registered: May 03, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
105 low 145 hi
25 to 30 pop

Posts: 1113 | Location: new york now from maui hawaii | Registered: December 11, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cosca
I have similar problem, ski pulls away and then gets stuck have to bounce ski to get air in pump, then it rockets away.
165psi comp, ported cylinders, riva waveblaster stage II pipe, reed stuffers, 62T crankcase.
I have a single 44mm with choke removedand stock airbox.
The ski ran great when first put together with stock pipe, but after being run-in it has had this problem

Posts: 276 | Location: South Africa | Registered: August 14, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
you may have a problem on the carb transition from lo to hi the carb have 3 or 4 holes inside the barrel next to the opening of the buterfly
used a small wire

Posts: 1113 | Location: new york now from maui hawaii | Registered: December 11, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
COSCA
Holes are clear, squirted fuel through holes from jet side, no blockages, going to try lower pop-off.
The only thing that confuses me is that when the ski gets stuck at the low revs and I squeeze the primer it doesn't affect the ski at all, and I know the primer is working.

Posts: 276 | Location: South Africa | Registered: August 14, 2001Report This Post