RIVA Racing    RIVA Performance Forums    RIVA Performance Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Yamaha PWC Performance Archives    Who makes the fastest Stock Waverunner (2 seater)
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Who makes the fastest Stock Waverunner (2 seater) Login/Join 
posted
Hey everyone Im in the market for a new Waverunner. Can someone point me in the direction of what brand makes the fastest waverunner stock?

posted Hide Post
yamaha makes the waverunner models kawasaki makes the jetski models polaris makes pwc and so does seadoo , they are all pwc . if your question is who makes the fastest persoanl watercraft then it would go to kawasaki for their ultra 150 model , but their is a lot more to think about than just the speed, you should also concider how the pwc handles,fuel consumption,reliability,and fit and finsish . another question is how you plan on using your pwc , how many people will be on it with you, and what type of water you will be in the most.

Posts: 1755 | Location: - new hampshire | Registered: November 24, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Polaris--slx 1200--got a mint one for sale if your interested..

Posts: 60 | Location: upstate-ny | Registered: August 04, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You must be selling it to buy a Yamaha...

GP1200R Best Boat you can buy!!!!! 2000 +

Combine it with Riva After Market Parts (Hopups)

Then you will only be riding with the rest of us...

Polaris, Kawaski, Sea-Poop... They are all behind us... Way behind.....

Big Grin

Posts: 17 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: June 24, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ok whats the Mercedes of waverunners?

posted Hide Post
the new fx-140 4stroke in my oinion.

Posts: 1755 | Location: - new hampshire | Registered: November 24, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i am a die hard yamaha owner, but the real answer to your question is a seadoo rxx. not sure if they make them for 02, but they made them last year. i think you have to have a ijsba liscense to buy one.

Posts: 635 | Location: Hopewell, NJ | Registered: October 22, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
and they break down alot and really arent that fast. There were several in my region racing last year, and I never saw a single one of them win a moto.

Posts: 338 | Location: Houston, Tx, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Im a yamaholic but have nothing against other skis.The ultra is the fastest stock boat but in my opinion it can be to fast for its handling capabilities.The GPR was my choice because it is fast and handles very well and i can easily get my hands on any mod you can think of.I dont mind seadoo i owned a gsx limited for a while but didnt get along with the bombadier corp. very well.As for the RXX all i have to say is time BOMB stay away from it unless you like rebuilding that rotax.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Quick6GPR ]

Posts: 63 | Location: Mass/Fla | Registered: January 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The two top boats are The Kawi Ultra 150 and the Yamaha GPR.

Both boats can be moded for about the same price and are both as reliable as the other.

Kawi is a cleaner design, but there are more aftermaket parts for the GPR. It boils down to personal preference.

Sea-doo has had questionable dependability.

Polaris, well its a polaris.

posted Hide Post
From my point of view the fastest PWC both in acceleration and top speed you can purchase from a dealer is the RXX. It will make any other stock pwc look like an anchor off the line. It also handles much better than the Ultra when both are in stock form. However, the GPR with minimal mods (less than $500) will be very close to the rxx in top speed and beat a stock Ultra. It will not stay with the RXX off the line but it is light years ahead of it in handling terms at WOT in rough water.

The rxx has had problems right out of the box including drive shaft breaking, hull soft spots and exhaust header pipe leaks all fixed by Sea Doo at no cost.

You really need to determine what type of riding you enjoy, the conditions you ride in, your mechanical abilities and desire to wrench on a ski and what most of your friends ride so that you can purchase the right PWC for you.

Posts: 1830 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: January 01, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO the dealer must back up any problems with a waverunner as long as the warrenty is not violated. with a rxx, as far as i know it is good enough handling and speed wise for most people to ride. now granted the members of this forum are not like most people - myself included. i just feel that that ski is the fastest ski stock, with no other money spent besides a check to take it out of the showroom. for general public, they just gas and go, so the warrenty will kick in if it breaks. just my thoughts.

Posts: 635 | Location: Hopewell, NJ | Registered: October 22, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to tell you this ....but....the Mercedes of PWC is the XLT1200....think about it.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Cleveland, TN | Registered: August 01, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Polaris - well its a polaris", Well it shows you hardly know about various types of watercraft. Before this year polaris had fast machines that could hang with GP1200R and Ultra 150. Matter fact last year SLX was faster than Ultra 150 and had faster acceleration than both machines up 50 mph. So what there hulls don't stand up in choppy water, neither than the ultra 150. Oh, I could get a big hefty hull like the GP1200R, but maybe I like throwing my machine around. And Polaris as performance parts made for their machines ONLY like PurePolaris,Choppercity,Hotseatperformance. And very very dependable machines. So when you say Polaris sucks, its because your bias toward your company. I own several Polaris and dislike your company.

posted Hide Post
The RXX warranty ends when you walk out the door. Also you have to have IJSBA race approval to buy one. My friends that have ridden them don't recomend them, don't handle very well and aren't as fast as expected. Dealers offer demo rides, so go ride the models your interested in and see which ski fits your desires and riding skills. I personaly say you cannot go wrong with the GPR. It has the most potential for doing mods. rp

Posts: 603 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: August 01, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The fastest production boat is the RXX and, yes GO, I did win one moto on it in Region 5 last year! Only one though, most of my finishes were 2nd or 3rd on the RXX. It is very fast for a production boat. Out of the hole, it puts my GPR to shame.

My RXX has been reliable, but it have very few hours on it, so I can't speak for the reliability.

posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter what PWC you buy they will all need work. The GPR is horrible out of the hole until you do some solid pump work. The Ultra is unstable until you set up the handling right. The RXX won't be insured and has it's own set of issues. After all of that there are still obstacles to overcome. That is why everyone is on this forum.

What ever boat you buy the best thing you can do is research what you want to do with it and find a good performance shop to help you set it up properly. Don't modify something because everyone else is. Wait to see it really works.
-Crusty

Posts: 196 | Location: Earth | Registered: March 15, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree with crusty. find a local racer/tuner or local shop who can help you to tune. thanks for the update. i didn't know about the rxx and no warrenty. sorry for the mis-info.

posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure the RXX has a factory warranty but I know they are hard to get insurance coverage.
just wanted to clarify.
-Crusty

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Crustymuffin ]

Posts: 196 | Location: Earth | Registered: March 15, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry 1200, all I said was I personally never saw one win. I must have missed your moto. After all, I cant watch them all. We ahve to many of them in region 5.

Posts: 338 | Location: Houston, Tx, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Report This Post