RIVA Racing    RIVA Performance Forums    RIVA Performance Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Sea•Doo PWC Performance Forum    Solas impeller install instructions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solas impeller install instructions? Login/Join 
posted
Are there any how to's with pictures on this? I have read a few instructions but just can not visualize this install. Im going to install the stage 1 kit over the long weekend.

Thanks

Kevin

Speed Junkie~
2008 RXPX Stage 1.1 Smile
2011 RXT-iS Stage 2
2009 YZF-R1
2001 Camaro SS 9.87 1/4

Posts: 38 | Location: NorCal USA | Registered: May 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.amazon.com/Personal...Issue/dp/B001CBCMZM, you can have it overnight. August 2008 issue, page 62 - 65 has a real good write up on how to rebuild the pump, includes nice pictures ($3.99 each)

Your gonna also need the spline tool from Riva (get the long one). Once you get the pump apart changing the prop is pretty simple. All you will need is a nice set of allen head sockets (actually just one), a break over bar or air impact wrench (air is always better), and the spline tool to seperate....,a vice is better for holding the spline tool in an upright position allowing you to slide the prop assembly down on to the spline to hold, then its easy to use the allen socket to loosen and seperate.....(TIP: use plenty of marine type grease!!!!!!)

Posts: 70 | Registered: June 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link but it doesnt work. I just ordered the standard size one Frown Im sure it will still work right? Just more of a PIA. Thanks for the info. This gives me something to do this long weekend.

Speed Junkie~
2011 RXT-iS Stage 2
2009 YZF-R1
2001 Camaro SS 9.87 1/4

Posts: 38 | Location: NorCal USA | Registered: May 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link works, click on the HOME PAGE button, then in the search field type in PERSONAL WATERCRAFT AUGUST 2008, takes you straight to the page.....

The short one works fine, just remove the impeller cone first...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dnielsen,

posted Hide Post
10-4 thanks dn

Speed Junkie~
2011 RXT-iS Stage 2
2009 YZF-R1
2001 Camaro SS 9.87 1/4

posted Hide Post
I found pictures here:
http://pwctoday.com/f18/pump-r...tep-step-166737.html

I am confused on the grease vs gear oil and where.

I want to use marine grease inside the cav. cone correct? Is there other areas that need grease or gear oil when replacing the impeller?

Speed Junkie~
2011 RXT-iS Stage 2
2009 YZF-R1
2001 Camaro SS 9.87 1/4

posted Hide Post
Correct on the grease for the cavitation cone, no gear oil. Also spread grease around the pump seal, the spline shaft, and the prop coupler (mating sleeve), this is the area that you slide your spline tool into when separating the prop from the pump. Makes everything slide easily back into place. Be sure to use locktite on the bolts and a good silicone on the mating surfaces of the venturi nozzle. (no gear oil)

posted Hide Post
Thanks DN!

Speed Junkie~
2011 RXT-iS Stage 2
2009 YZF-R1
2001 Camaro SS 9.87 1/4